Jorge Santos
Portugal
Local time: 02:49
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 21, 2006

Hi again,

Different post, a whole new question.

A while ago, a client sent me a glossary in xls format, that I promptly converted into Multiterm import file, following the most useful instructions of Bharg Shah, posted here at ProZ (http://www.proz.com/doc/149).

Since then, in the course of the translation process, I've added "manually" a few other frequently used term
... See more
Hi again,

Different post, a whole new question.

A while ago, a client sent me a glossary in xls format, that I promptly converted into Multiterm import file, following the most useful instructions of Bharg Shah, posted here at ProZ (http://www.proz.com/doc/149).

Since then, in the course of the translation process, I've added "manually" a few other frequently used terms to my termbase.

Now I would like to update my Multiterm glossary/termbase with the latest one sent by the client, again in xls format. The problem is, if I import the whole new glossary they've sent me, I'll end up with most of the terms duplicated, and that gets in my way of using Multiterm as a translation aid tool.

My question is, do you know how can I import just the terms I haven't yet got in my Multiterm database? I'd like to import all entries except the ones that are exact matches and also keep my edited entries.

I have Office XP, Trados 5.0 Freelance and MultiTerm 5.0.1.217 (build 217).

Thank you in advance,

Jorge
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating termbase in Multiterm

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »