trouble with imported file
Thread poster: aleda
aleda
aleda
Local time: 03:17
English to Spanish
Mar 23, 2006

Hello everybody,
My trouble is that after importing a txt file to the workbench (trados 5.5) when i open the first segment in word, i see that even almost the whole document contains 100 per cent matches (as the sender told me) i have to translate all by myself because i don´t fin any word, even with Concordance option. As if the memory would be empty at the end.
May i doing sthg right in the process of importing? or may i have an option that doesn´t allowe me to see the terms imp
... See more
Hello everybody,
My trouble is that after importing a txt file to the workbench (trados 5.5) when i open the first segment in word, i see that even almost the whole document contains 100 per cent matches (as the sender told me) i have to translate all by myself because i don´t fin any word, even with Concordance option. As if the memory would be empty at the end.
May i doing sthg right in the process of importing? or may i have an option that doesn´t allowe me to see the terms imported?

thanks a lot,
Aleda
Collapse

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:17
English to Polish
+ ...
Terms or matches from translation memory Mar 23, 2006

aleda wrote:

Hello everybody,
May i doing sthg right in the process of importing? or may i have an option that doesn´t allowe me to see the terms imported?

thanks a lot,
Aleda

Hi Aleda,

It is not clear to me, whether you want to see terms from the multiterm database or matches from the translation memory database.

Piotr

aleda
aleda
Local time: 03:17
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
SOLUTION FOR THE ERROR 50016 (trados 5.5) Mar 24, 2006

Hello Piotr,

Thanks for your intention of trying to understand what i meant to say.
The problem had to do with the import process.
I didn´t corroborate the language combinations of the txt with the memory.
My settings in the Control Panel needed some corrections to accept the txt in the memory.
And i had to erase the RTF preamble in the txt.
This is the solution for the error (Don´t use;Change Control Panel, Settings ,Regional Config/Number in Trados
... See more
Hello Piotr,

Thanks for your intention of trying to understand what i meant to say.
The problem had to do with the import process.
I didn´t corroborate the language combinations of the txt with the memory.
My settings in the Control Panel needed some corrections to accept the txt in the memory.
And i had to erase the RTF preamble in the txt.
This is the solution for the error (Don´t use;Change Control Panel, Settings ,Regional Config/Number in Trados Workbench 5.5.

Thanks,
Regards,
Daniela

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

aleda wrote:

Hello everybody,

thanks a lot,
Aleda

Hi Aleda,

It is not clear to me, whether you want to see terms from the multiterm database or matches from the translation memory database.

Piotr
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trouble with imported file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »