Thread poster: Oleksandr Studenyak
Oleksandr Studenyak
Oleksandr Studenyak
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:56
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Mar 23, 2006

Is any way in TagEditor to save automatically translated XML file in UTF-8 encoding? Because right now it saves everything in ANSI encoding and I must convert every file to UTF-8 encoding manually in notepad.
Thanks.

Christine Biloré
Christine Biloré  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
I wish I knew.... Mar 23, 2006

Seems we're working on a similar project; if yours is linked to an airway company, then we might even work on the same project....

Anyway, I haven't found any answer and just save with the right encoding though the notepad too

I hope someone will help!

Christine

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
encoding declaration in source? Mar 23, 2006

Stood wrote:

Is any way in TagEditor to save automatically translated XML file in UTF-8 encoding? Because right now it saves everything in ANSI encoding and I must convert every file to UTF-8 encoding manually in notepad.
Thanks.

Is there an encoding declaration in the source file? It seems to me that TagEditor should respect it. If there isn't, you should add it manually.

HTH

Piotr

Oleksandr Studenyak
Oleksandr Studenyak
Czech Republic
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Any other way beside encoding declaration? Mar 24, 2006

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

Stood wrote:

Thanks.

Is there an encoding declaration in the source file? It seems to me that TagEditor should respect it. If there isn't, you should add it manually.

HTH

Piotr

No, there is no encoding declaration in the source file, but I'm wondering if there is another way beside this, because client refused this way of problem solution.

Alex

Oleksandr Studenyak
Oleksandr Studenyak
Czech Republic
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no solution Mar 24, 2006

Christine Biloré wrote:

Seems we're working on a similar project; if yours is linked to an airway company, then we might even work on the same project....

Anyway, I haven't found any answer and just save with the right encoding though the notepad too

I hope someone will help!

Christine

Actually, it could be the same project
And I still have not found any other solution of problem

Alex

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML encoding

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »