Softkey Policy
Thread poster: monitor

monitor  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:13
English to German
+ ...
Mar 29, 2006

Hello
Although this question has been raised many times before as I understand, please admit that I come forward with an actual issue.
I'm working with a primary notebook and a second notebook as backup and have no server (network) installation.
As I understand from two very recent phone calls with Trados Stuttgart, I am not allowed and not able to have a backup notebook onto which another copy of my Team Pro Solution is installed in running mode.
This is specifically the case when a node version (i.e. a hardware lock) of the softkey license is installed, which is my case.
So what happens in case my primary notebook brakes or gets lost, a question that also arises if I had a floating license.
On the Online Support Link: http://sdl.custhelp.com/ I found about 6 specific answers in which it is explained that you are allowed for two (2) licences download on the Customer Center from Trados. So what is right now?
Has anybody a clue for this, or experienced how Trados would react in such a situation.
The only response I got so far was best thing to do is to buy another freelance copy of Trados.
Is there any workaround you are aware of or have I misunderstood something completely here?
Thank your for your reply.
Marcel

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Softkey Policy

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search