Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:35
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 30, 2006

Hi,
Since I upgraded to Trados 7, I am unable to import files from SDLX.
I have a client which requires SDLX and I do a lot of proofreading for this client. In the past I used to import the SDLX files (using the Export to Trados option) into my Trados TM. Not anymore. When I try to import, I get the following error message:
50028 The import file is invalid (no header found)
Any suggestion?
Thanks.
Laura

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Mar 30, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:35
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
File->Create translation Mar 30, 2006

Hi Laura,

I am not sure I understood what you mean (why don't you do the editing in SDLX??)

Anyway...

In the past I used to import the SDLX files (using the Export to Trados option) into my Trados TM.

Were the files pre-translated in Trados? If yes, I have just read in my SDLX that it doesn't work (didn't know, as I have never used the export to Trados option).

I normally use File -> Create translation

[my texts are "pre-translated" (segment unknown sentences) in TWB and in SDLX I have set *Trados Style Default*]

This way I get uncleaned files. I do the clean-up, if I wish to update my Trados TM, too.

?

Giuliana

Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, I did not explain myself clearly Mar 30, 2006

What I meant is: I get a file for proofreading, I do the job in SDLX, then I want to import such file in my reference TM.
Since I upgraded to Trados 7, I am unable to import the txt file generated by SDLX for Trados in my Trados TM.
Thanks
Laura

Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Export file list to Trados" option Mar 31, 2006

What version of SDLX do you use?

I do this using the"Export file list to Trados" option in the Export command (either in SDLX Edit or in SDLX Maintain) [I use SDLX 2005, can't remember what I did in previous versions]

Let me know if I can help you.

Roberta

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:35
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
..or from the SDLX TM Mar 31, 2006

Hi Laura,

You could also export from the SDLX TM you are using in SDLX module Edit during the editing (*.txt, Trados or delimited file) and import the *.txt into your TWB.

Giuliana

(The above works with all SDLX versions)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems importing from SDLX to Trados

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search