can't import client's text file
Thread poster: maryrose
maryrose
maryrose  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:33
English
+ ...
Apr 1, 2006

I have Trados 6.52417 and am still struggling with it other than the most subsitence level.

A client has sent me a trados txt file "from which the trados memory is to be extracted". So I:

. created a new translation memory
. attempted to import the text file into it

however, it told me that all TUs read were invalid.

What am I doing wrong please?

Portalkata
Portalkata
Indonesia
Member (2006)
Indonesian to English
unwell finalizing on export process Apr 1, 2006

Dear Mary Rose,

There are some possibilities for the case, according to my experience it was happened when the .txt TU was corrupt means that there was an unwell finalizing on the export process. I suggest you to ask for it again. Good luck!

Best Regards,
Siti Nur Aryani

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:03
English to German
+ ...
Check the languages Apr 1, 2006

Hi Mary Rose,

I have Trados 6.52417 and am still struggling with it other than the most subsitence level.

Slightly OT, but build 417 is outdated (even under 6.5), as it was replaced by 6.5.5.438/439 (and subsequently build 441).

however, it told me that all TUs read were invalid.

What am I doing wrong please?

Could be an inconsistency between the languages of the import file and your TM - perhaps US vs. British English. Check the text file for the language codes "EN-GB" or "EN-US".

HTH, Ralf

maryrose
maryrose  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:33
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes! Apr 1, 2006

Brilliant, Ralf, that did the trick. Many thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

can't import client's text file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »