Thread poster: Katarina Andersson
Katarina Andersson
Katarina Andersson  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:37
Italian to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 21, 2006

Hello,

probably this might seem like an easy question to many of you, but being a beginner here I have been struggling today to start using SDLXLite Edit that a translation agency has provided me with for a translation. Now they have gone home for the day, so I have nobody to ask about what to do with the terminology file they have sent me before.

The file is a .txt file but I don't manage to open it within the Edit program or the TermBase program and as I thought I wa
... See more
Hello,

probably this might seem like an easy question to many of you, but being a beginner here I have been struggling today to start using SDLXLite Edit that a translation agency has provided me with for a translation. Now they have gone home for the day, so I have nobody to ask about what to do with the terminology file they have sent me before.

The file is a .txt file but I don't manage to open it within the Edit program or the TermBase program and as I thought I was supposed to do that. However, as I still have not understood well how to use and apply everything I just feel very confused about it all.

Anyone who could help me out about how to open this file within the SDLX so I can see the terminology dictionary already made? As in the notepad version it's all very compact.

Thanks,

Katarina.
Collapse

Katrin Lueke
Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
never received a .txt file Apr 24, 2006

Hi Katarina,

I am quite new to SDLXLite myself, so maybe my answer does not help, but maybe it does so here is the information I can give you:

The agency I work with that uses SDLX always sends me three types of files:

- the "Edit" files, in which I type the translation

- files with the ending .mdb
these are the translation memories

- files with the ending .tdb
these are the glossaries in Termbase format

I
... See more
Hi Katarina,

I am quite new to SDLXLite myself, so maybe my answer does not help, but maybe it does so here is the information I can give you:

The agency I work with that uses SDLX always sends me three types of files:

- the "Edit" files, in which I type the translation

- files with the ending .mdb
these are the translation memories

- files with the ending .tdb
these are the glossaries in Termbase format

I have never received a .txt file to work with so far.

Good luck!

Katrin
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Apr 24, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TermBase SDLX 2005Lite Edit version

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »