https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/45983-multiterm_7_registeration.html

Multiterm 7 registeration
Thread poster: Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:20
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 27, 2006

Hi,

I just upgraded to Trados 7, and MultiTerm 7. Trados Workbench is working fine, but I am not sure Mutiterm is working. Every time I try to create a new termbase, I get the message "Calss not registered" or "Ointer invalid". Is this a license problem?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Java Runtime Environment? Apr 27, 2006

Hi,
Did you complete the JRE installation, which is part of installing MultiTerm?

Best regards,
Ralf

Noha Kamal, PhD.
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I run JRE? Apr 27, 2006

Hi Ralf,

Well, I am not sure I did. You could be right. This could be the problem, because after I installed Multiterm, every time I open Microsoft Word, I get the error message: Run time error "429": Active X component can't create object". Does that tell you something? Anyway, how do I run JRE?

Thanks,
Noha

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Reinstall MultiTerm Apr 27, 2006

Hi again,
During the installation process, the MT installer checks whether Java Runtime is installed; make sure to complete this installation before installing MT.

Best, Ralf

Noha Kamal, PhD.
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I ensure Java Runtime is installed? Apr 27, 2006

Hi Ralf,

Ok, I got the point. I will reinstall MT. But before I do, how do I make sure Java Runtime is installed? Is there somewhere I could look to make sure? Also, I once read that it is advisable to uninstall Trados 7, install MultiTerm7 first then reinstall Trados 7. Would you recommend that?

Thanks,
Noha

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check run by MT Installer Apr 27, 2006

Hi again,
I'm afraid it's impossible to run a detailed analysis of your system on a remote basis.

Ok, I got the point. I will reinstall MT. But before I do, how do I make sure Java Runtime is installed? Is there somewhere I could look to make sure?

You did not indicate which operating system you're using.
Under WinXP, check under System - Software - things to look for are Java 2 Runtime Environment (I use Trados 7.1.0.719/720 and MT 7.1.0.361, with JRE version 1.4.2), and the Microsoft .NET Framework (I have version 1.1, plus the 1.1 Hotfix).

Also, I once read that it is advisable to uninstall Trados 7, install MultiTerm7 first then reinstall Trados 7. Would you recommend that?

Yes in principle.
Before uninstalling MT, you could try simply re-installing it.

Best, Ralf

Noha Kamal, PhD.
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 27, 2006

Hi again,

Thanks Ralf. I will check that and get back to you. And just for the record, I am using Windows XP and Trados 7.0.0.615 (build 615) and Multiterm 7.0.1. 320 (build 320).

Best regards,
Noha

roadnotes
roadnotes
Germany
German to English
Installing new multiterm 7 Apr 11, 2007

I uninstalled the new Multiterm and Trados 7, reinstalled them both (MT first) - and MT still doesn't work under WORD.

Also I posted an error message to SDL and received the reply that "if you do not have a support contract, whilst we will make every effort to resolve your support request we cannot guarantee a response time" - not a reassuring response to a basic problem with installation of software from someone who has paid for the update.

Any other suggestions?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 7 registeration

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »