Toolbar disappeared
Thread poster: xxxMichaelRS
xxxMichaelRS
Local time: 00:09
May 2, 2006

Hello,

I had a very large Word file (ca. 500 pages) with operations involving footnotes - at some point, the Trados and Multiterm toolbars disappeared, never to return again. I think it happened when I came back from a footnote (in fact, all of the toolbars in Word temporarily disappeared).

I was able to continue my work because the Trados menu item at the very top (in the line with "File", "Edit" etc.) and the "Flagman" button were still there.

I deleted all instances of the Trados7.dot file and then reinstalled a fresh version, I deleted Normal.dot etc. - there are still no
Trados toolbars to be found anywhere in Word where I could install them.

I have Word 2003 (German version), SDL Trados Freelance 2006 and Windows XP.

Any fresh ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Fong  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 07:09
English to Chinese
+ ...
search the forum and you will find the answer May 3, 2006

I had exactly the same problem with yours. Finally I solved it. I googled "trados toolbar missing" or something like that and was directed to this forum.
The proper solution is to run a vbscript in Word. This will enable the toolbar. good luck!

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:09
English to German
+ ...
Trados KB article 762 May 3, 2006

Hi Michael,
This has indeed been discussed in this forum on several occasions.

Have a look at Article 762 from the Trados KB. (Be careful when making changes to the Registry!)

A description of how to handle footnotes is in the Trados File Formats Reference Guide. Alternatively, you may want to use TagEditor.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Toolbar disappeared

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search