TagEditor verify function (f8) in 7.x version...
Thread poster: Vito Smolej

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 09:09
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
May 3, 2006

is just perfect - now you can do both spellchecking and tag verification without jumping out -.

BUT, I have 432 files and would like to do one final check (again). In other words, a batch mode verifier (and a spell checker to go would not hurt) a la pretranslation would be very welcome.

I thought of digging up 6.x version verifier or something similar. but then I find it supicious that this kind of tools are gone - could it be they are incompatible?

TiA

smo

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Trados 7.5 has this May 3, 2006

In Trados 7.5, there's a new tool called "Glue" that can be used to stick hundreds of files together into one ttx file that can be used for translating, search & replace, verification and spellchecking.

It's unsupported and not quite error-free yet, but it works quite well, except for the fact that it has problems with certain directory names. Also, converting the files back into single files doesn't work exactly as intended sometimes. Nothing that one couldn't fix, though - we used it on a largish project recently and were quite satisfied with it.

Regards,
Benjamin

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can always use the new TM on original files.... May 3, 2006

In Trados 7.5, there's a new tool called "Glue" that can be used to stick hundreds of files together... Also, converting the files back into single files doesn't work exactly as intended sometimes.

Hvala lepa;)

smo

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
You gotta read my posting in whole... ;) May 3, 2006

Vito Smolej wrote:

In Trados 7.5, there's a new tool called "Glue" that can be used to stick hundreds of files together... Also, converting the files back into single files doesn't work exactly as intended sometimes.

Hvala lepa;)

smo

I can only guess what hvala lepa means, as I don't speak Slovenian myself (we're an agency and English-Slovenian just happens to be at the top of our languages list for some reason), but:
tectranslate also wrote:

Nothing that one couldn't fix, though - we used it on a largish project recently and were quite satisfied with it.

So it definitely IS an improvement over previous versions.

B

[Edited at 2006-05-03 15:07]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor verify function (f8) in 7.x version...

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search