Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:43
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
May 3, 2006

Hi

What is the keyboard shortcut for "Get Translation" command in Trados Workbench?

Thanks

Rahi

Saskia Steur (X)
Saskia Steur (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:43
English to Dutch
+ ...
Alt + Shift + Insert May 3, 2006

That's what I use.
regards,
Saskia

Jalapeno
Jalapeno
English to German
Previous discussion May 3, 2006

Hi Rahi,

maybe the previous discussion will prove helpful:

http://www.proz.com/topic/32912

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
In MS Word: Alt + S, G May 3, 2006

(and in the TagEditor: Alt+ B, G (good muscle exercise for your left hand forefinger & thumb))

is what I use

Next to that, you might find especially Jerzy's explanation of man-made shortcuts very useful:
http://www.proz.com/topic/7133

Depending on which shortcuts are already in use by Word, you can make up your own shortcut cockpit which could make
... See more
(and in the TagEditor: Alt+ B, G (good muscle exercise for your left hand forefinger & thumb))

is what I use

Next to that, you might find especially Jerzy's explanation of man-made shortcuts very useful:
http://www.proz.com/topic/7133

Depending on which shortcuts are already in use by Word, you can make up your own shortcut cockpit which could make you nearly such a high-flier as the one in your man-made moon.

Overview of the shortcuts I (Henk, Dutch version of MS Word) use to enlighten working in Trados

Alt +......Operation
E..............Copy Source
R..............Restore Source
S, G.........Get translation
F..............Copy front part of source segment
J...............Copy end part of source segment

Success!

[Edited at 2006-05-03 14:50]
Collapse

Nicola Bigwood
Nicola Bigwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:43
French to English
+ ...
Look at drop-down menu May 3, 2006

Hi Rahi,

In MS Word there should be a 'Trados' heading for a drop-down menu, which will tell you all the set shortcuts (although you can change these to suit you).

Also, it might depend on the version of Trados you are using - where I used to work, I used a different shortcut for 'Set/Close Next Open/Get' to the one that my freelance version of Trados has, for example (this requires a 'Num' key which I don't have on my laptop!!).

Regards,

Nicol
... See more
Hi Rahi,

In MS Word there should be a 'Trados' heading for a drop-down menu, which will tell you all the set shortcuts (although you can change these to suit you).

Also, it might depend on the version of Trados you are using - where I used to work, I used a different shortcut for 'Set/Close Next Open/Get' to the one that my freelance version of Trados has, for example (this requires a 'Num' key which I don't have on my laptop!!).

Regards,

Nicola.

[Edited at 2006-05-03 17:29]
Collapse

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:43
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Quite confused May 4, 2006

I'm quite confused as there isn't any shortcut given for that "get translation" command in the drop down menu in Word. Other commands do have shortcusts but not this one.
I tried the shortcuts suggested by others above as well but they didn't work either....don't know what to do. Trados Freelance 6.5

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Assign a shortcut May 4, 2006

Hi Rahi,
Rahi Moosavi wrote:

I'm quite confused as there isn't any shortcut given for that "get translation" command in the drop down menu in Word. Other commands do have shortcusts but not this one.

You can assign a shortcut yourself; this was discussed a few times already - search the forum for "assign shortcut".

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard shortcut for "Get Translation"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »