https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/46561-multiterm_workstation_installation_error.html

MultiTerm Workstation installation error
Thread poster: Branka Stankovic McCarthy
Branka Stankovic McCarthy
Branka Stankovic McCarthy  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 15:37
English to Serbian
+ ...
May 4, 2006

Half way trough the installation I keep getting the following error message:

error 1309: error reading from file ....\Trados\MsSoap\Binaries\MSSMO.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Installing from zip file? May 4, 2006

Hi Branka,
I don't know this particular error message, however, in the past there have been problems when trying to install directly from the downloaded zip archive. You need to unzip the contents of the archive before installing (using WinZip or a comparable utility - not the native unzip utility within WinXP).

Does that help?
Best regards,
Ralf

Branka Stankovic McCarthy
Branka Stankovic McCarthy  Identity Verified
Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that's not the problem :( May 4, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Branka,
I don't know this particular error message, however, in the past there have been problems when trying to install directly from the downloaded zip archive. You need to unzip the contents of the archive before installing (using WinZip or a comparable utility - not the native unzip utility within WinXP).

Does that help?
Best regards,
Ralf

I always use Total Commander to upack any zipped files. Thank you anyway, might play around with it some more later. Got really fed up and gave it a rest earlier

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm Workstation installation error

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »