Trados 7 files compatible with SDLX files???
Thread poster: Sommersonne

Sommersonne  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 22:03
English to German
+ ...
May 6, 2006

and another challenging question...... from a Trados/SDLX slow starter...

If I translate word-documents in Trados 7, are these compatible with the newer SDLX versions?? And would there be a nice collegue to "convert" these files for me?? Details on "how' and "why" will be delivered by interest.

A nice weekend to all of you.

Stefanie

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Yes, they are May 6, 2006

Hi Stefanie,

If I translate word-documents in Trados 7, are these compatible with the newer SDLX versions??

Yes, you can import an uncleaned or *pre-translated* Trados file into SDLX module Edit. Set *Trados Style Default* as a segmentation rule. You can also import TagEditor files into SDLX.

If you are importing an uncleaned translated file for delivery requirements as an *.itd file, you might have to do some *format painting* with the target text. Format Paint can be a pain, therefore I prefer to copy the translation and press F4 (insert the original) and fit the translation inserting it bit by bit into the respective color coding.

Giuliana

Sommersonne  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
version 2003 and Trados 6.5 May 8, 2006

Hi all of you, Hi Guiliana!

That is already VERY good news. Thanks a lot. Now, due to availbale versions, a little change. Does it also work with Trados 6.5 and SDLX 2003???

Fast answer would be highly appreciated!!!

Thanks to everybody.

Stefanie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 files compatible with SDLX files???

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search