Lindsay Sabadosa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:22
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
May 10, 2006

Hi everyone,
I posted this topic back at the end of April but didn't get a response so I'm trying again since I am still having the same problem.
Basically...
I'm trying to import a TM and when I click "import" Trados produces a message saying it's analyzing the file and that there are 4,000+ TU but then it tells me that in 4 seconds, nothing has been updated. I'm sure this is a setting or some kind of similar problem and I even feel like I've read about this before but I just can't figure it out! I also haven't found it in the past posts so I'd be thrilled with any help anyone can provide.
I'm using Trados 6.5.
Also, please note that the TM I am trying to import is from a project that I just aligned myself so I am absolutely, 100% sure the languages match.
Thanks!
Lindsay

Direct link Reply with quote

Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:22
Member (2004)
French to English
Export Settings? May 10, 2006

Hi Lindsay,

This has happened to me before (very frustrating) and the problem was caused by my WinAlign project settings. You might like to try what worked for me - go to the Export tab in Project Settings and set the Export Threshold to 100%. Then export the project to a TM and import your TM.

This worked for me - I'll keep my fingers crossed it works for you too.

Good luck!

Katherine

Lindsay Sabadosa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:22
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still Stuck May 10, 2006

Hi Katherine,
Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I think that the problem has to do with a Workbench setting in my case because I cannot upload TMs that my clients send either (yes, extremely frustrating!). But thank you for the tip!
Any more suggestions?
Best,
Lindsay

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Not Up-Dating TM after importing TUs

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search