font changes in Trados
Thread poster: lexical
lexical
lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:26
Portuguese to English
May 15, 2006

I'm sorry if this is rather basic and has been asked before. I'm puzzled by why the font or font size, or both, sometimes change to something different when I open a segment. It only occurs in certain Word docs - others behave perfectly well, and there's no obvious reason. The original doc may be in Arial 10 pt (say) but when I open a segment, it changes to, say, Arial 12 pt (or even a different font entirely). It may happen with some segments and not others, just to make it more puzzling. This ... See more
I'm sorry if this is rather basic and has been asked before. I'm puzzled by why the font or font size, or both, sometimes change to something different when I open a segment. It only occurs in certain Word docs - others behave perfectly well, and there's no obvious reason. The original doc may be in Arial 10 pt (say) but when I open a segment, it changes to, say, Arial 12 pt (or even a different font entirely). It may happen with some segments and not others, just to make it more puzzling. This causes extra work at the clean-up stage, restoring the original fonts and sizes. Does anyone know how to fix this?Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:26
English to German
+ ...
Please use the forum search May 15, 2006

Hi lexical,
This has indeed been discussed before - quite frequently, actually. Use the forum search function to search for earlier topics.

On a general note, you help others to help you by stating which software versions you're using. (That's why there's a note on the posting form...)

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

font changes in Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »