https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/48345-urgent%3A_tageditor_does_not_function_in_sdl_trados_2006_freelance.html

Urgent: TagEditor does not function in SDL Trados 2006 Freelance
Thread poster: Natascha Mlynarski
Natascha Mlynarski
Natascha Mlynarski  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:52
English to German
+ ...
May 27, 2006

Dear Colleagues,

I have a really urgent request, as I accepted a translation job for which Trados was a prerequesite.

I have just bought SDL Trados 2006 Freelance & Workbench & MultiTerm function.

Today I wanted to work with TagEditor for the first time and the following message appeared:

While no valid SDL Flexlm license or dongle is available, TagEditor runs in demo mode.

Error information: no license date locatio
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I have a really urgent request, as I accepted a translation job for which Trados was a prerequesite.

I have just bought SDL Trados 2006 Freelance & Workbench & MultiTerm function.

Today I wanted to work with TagEditor for the first time and the following message appeared:

While no valid SDL Flexlm license or dongle is available, TagEditor runs in demo mode.

Error information: no license date location is available for this application.

Horrified, I checked out my Trados account and under "your license details" it stated "You have no licenses"

I have sent an email to Trados support, but I fear their reply may take too long.

If anybody has an idea how I can fix it, I would be really greatful!

Thanks a lot

Natascha
Collapse

Marek Buchtel
Marek Buchtel  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Locate the licence file May 27, 2006

Hello Natascha,

Maybe you entered a wrong location of the licence file, or you have moved the licence file after the installation of Trados.

Locate the licence file on your harddisk (or download it again from the your account at the Customer Center), and use the Licence Manager (launched from the Start menu of your computer) to register the licence file and activate the licence.

Or have you already done that?

Regards

Marek

Natascha Mlynarski
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
located license file May 27, 2006

Hi Marek,

thank's a lot for your speedy reply. It's taken me a while to find my whereabouts (could not find licence manager).

I have located the license file location (with the search function under Start).

license.lic is located under

c:\documents and settings\my own files

I remember that during the download process I was requested to select a location, but no location was suggested. So this is what I chose...

... See more
Hi Marek,

thank's a lot for your speedy reply. It's taken me a while to find my whereabouts (could not find licence manager).

I have located the license file location (with the search function under Start).

license.lic is located under

c:\documents and settings\my own files

I remember that during the download process I was requested to select a location, but no location was suggested. So this is what I chose...

All the other Trados exe files, LIcense Console.exe and LIcense Console.exe.manifest, etc. are located on

c:\programs\SDL International\T2006_FL\TT

Do you think I should maybe relocate it to there?

Or delete it and download it again from my account?

Thanks a lot again!

Kind regards,

Natascha
Collapse

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
Location does not matter May 28, 2006

It does not matter where the license is located or relocated.
You may place it though at a location like c:\programs\SDL International\T2006_FL\Licenses (by creating a subfolder within the Trados folder). Selecting it is what matters...

[Edited at 2006-05-28 06:44]

Natascha Mlynarski
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:-) it seems to work May 28, 2006

Dear Colleagues,

Thank's a lot for your speedy help!

It seems, I hadn't activated the license file. As I couldn't find the license manager under Start, I carried out License Console.exe which was located under c:\programs\SDL International\T2006_FL\TT.

I have just tested PowerPoint & Excel in TagEditor and it seems to function alright now. No mention of Demo Mode and so on.

I am really relieved now.

Have a nice Sunday

... See more
Dear Colleagues,

Thank's a lot for your speedy help!

It seems, I hadn't activated the license file. As I couldn't find the license manager under Start, I carried out License Console.exe which was located under c:\programs\SDL International\T2006_FL\TT.

I have just tested PowerPoint & Excel in TagEditor and it seems to function alright now. No mention of Demo Mode and so on.

I am really relieved now.

Have a nice Sunday

Kind regards,

Natascha
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent: TagEditor does not function in SDL Trados 2006 Freelance

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »