Cell restriction Excel solved in SDLX Trados 2006?
Thread poster: Silvy Codde

Silvy Codde  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:41
Member (2004)
English to Flemish
+ ...
Jul 14, 2006

Hello all,

I have to translate a very large excel file with large amounts of text in one cell (export from my client's database program). I have just figured out that the cell restriction to 1024 characters is a known problem in Trados 6.5.

So now I'm considering upgrading to SDLX Trados 2006. But I want to know if this problem has been solved in the new version. Does anyone have any experience with this matter?

Another question regarding the upgrade: one of my regular clients (translation agency) works with the Trados 6.5 version. Would they have a problem opening the uncleaned files (which I always deliver uncleaned)? Of is back-conversion possible?

Many thanks in advance for your reply !
Silvy.

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 14:41
German
+ ...
Long solved Jul 17, 2006

Yes, it is solved. Actually, I think it was solved with a patch for Trados 6.5 already.

edit - see:
http://www.proz.com/topic/26693
http://www.proz.com/topic/30634

re Opening Trados 2006 files in Trados 6.5:
I don't really know, but I wouldn't advise it.

HTH,
Benjamin

[Edited at 2006-07-17 11:34]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cell restriction Excel solved in SDLX Trados 2006?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search