Highlighting text in Tag Editor
Thread poster: Frédérique Jouannet

Frédérique Jouannet
Local time: 21:07
Member (2006)
Italian to French
+ ...
Jul 23, 2006

On Oct. 7, 2004 Elena Ghetti posted the following topic:
**Do you know if it is possible to highlight or add comments to text while translating in Tag Editor , for example in order to mark translated words that are uncertain or need further research?**
At that time it seemed that there were no solutions, do you know if something has changed?
I have Tag Editor of Sdl Trados 7.0 freelance

thanks in advance for your help


 

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 21:07
English to Czech
+ ...
Highlighting text in Tag Editor Jul 24, 2006

Adding comments is possible only in Trados 7.5 (2006):
http://www.translationzone.com/sublink.asp?ID=777


 

Frédérique Jouannet
Local time: 21:07
Member (2006)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
highlighting text in Tag Editor Jul 24, 2006

OK, so how do my colleagues make notes that enable them to get back to text in doubt?
I mean, if you are not sure of a sentence, a word, etc. in microsoft word you just highlight them for further checks. But what do you do with Tag Editor?

Thanks


 

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 21:07
English to Czech
+ ...
Highlighting text in Tag Editor Jul 24, 2006

OK, so how do my colleagues make notes that enable them to get back to text in doubt?


You can mark the text with special characters that do not exist elsewhere in the text (for example, *** or xyz). Or, you can make notes in a separate text file.


 

Frédérique Jouannet
Local time: 21:07
Member (2006)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
highlighting text in Tag Editor Jul 24, 2006

Ok, I'll do in that way.

Thank you a lot Hynek!


 

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 21:07
German
+ ...
Version 7.1 has the comments feature already Jul 24, 2006

Hynek Palatin wrote:

Adding comments is possible only in Trados 7.5 (2006):
http://www.translationzone.com/sublink.asp?ID=777


7.1 and above, actually. I use it all the time.

Regards,
Benjamin


 

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 21:07
English to Czech
+ ...
Trados version Jul 24, 2006

tectranslate wrote:

7.1 and above, actually. I use it all the time.


Oops, sorry. I still use 7.0, because I had some problems with 7.1 and 7.5.

This is actually good news, because I think 7.0 can be upgraded to 7.1 for free - am I right this time?icon_smile.gif


 

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 21:07
German
+ ...
Free Upgrade Aug 2, 2006

Hynek Palatin wrote:

tectranslate wrote:

7.1 and above, actually. I use it all the time.


Oops, sorry. I still use 7.0, because I had some problems with 7.1 and 7.5.

This is actually good news, because I think 7.0 can be upgraded to 7.1 for free - am I right this time?icon_smile.gif

I'm not sure if you can upgrade for free. We did get it for free, but we bought the upgrade to 7.0 only a few weeks before 7.1 came out.

B


 

Frédérique Jouannet
Local time: 21:07
Member (2006)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
free upgrade Aug 2, 2006

tectranslate wrote:

Hynek Palatin wrote:

tectranslate wrote:

7.1 and above, actually. I use it all the time.


Oops, sorry. I still use 7.0, because I had some problems with 7.1 and 7.5.

This is actually good news, because I think 7.0 can be upgraded to 7.1 for free - am I right this time?icon_smile.gif

I'm not sure if you can upgrade for free. We did get it for free, but we bought the upgrade to 7.0 only a few weeks before 7.1 came out.

B
I have bought 7.0 mid january 2006. Do you think it is possible for me to upgrade to 7.1 for free? In this case, how?


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Highlighting text in Tag Editor

Advanced search







memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search