https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/51926-impossibile_to_clean_a_ppt_file_processed_with_tageditor.html

impossibile to clean a ppt file processed with tageditor
Thread poster: Clelia Tarasco
Clelia Tarasco
Clelia Tarasco  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:17
English to Italian
In memoriam
Jul 24, 2006

I have just finished translating a ppt file using tageditor
Now when I try to clean it I get an error massage saying that the server disconnected (?)
I saved the file with a new name and tried to open it again with tageditor but I get an error message 80005 which is not present in the troubleshooting of Trados
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:17
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
"Server disconnected" Jul 24, 2006

Hi

Just yesterday I had the same problem while cleaning a PPT file translated with TagEditor. My Power Point was running during this error, I closed it and the cleaning process worked. I don't know if this has been really related or not, but it's worth a shot.

Best

Rahi

Karen Picolin
Karen Picolin  Identity Verified
Brazil
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Same folder for both files Jul 24, 2006

I have had that problem before...

Both files must be in the same folder.

With the original name. If you renamed one of them it will not work.

Hope it helps

Karen

have just finished translating a ppt file using tageditor
Now when I try to clean it I get an error massage saying that the server disconnected (?)
I saved the file with a new name and tried to open it again with tageditor but I get an
... See more
I have had that problem before...

Both files must be in the same folder.

With the original name. If you renamed one of them it will not work.

Hope it helps

Karen

have just finished translating a ppt file using tageditor
I saved the file with a new name and tried to open it again with tageditor but I get an error message 80005 which is not present in the troubleshooting of Trados
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance
Collapse

Clelia Tarasco
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thanks Jul 24, 2006

Thanks to both but the ppt was not running and both the files were in the same foder the first time

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Jul 24, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Start from scratch Jul 24, 2006

I have just finished translating a ppt file using tageditor
Now when I try to clean it I get an error massage...

Having the original PPT and the translation memory allows you to start from fresh. Maybe something happened to the current working document on the way from the original to the present bilingual status.

Using original + TM is one way of jumpstarting the situation.

Regards

Vito

A Vanden Boe (X)
A Vanden Boe (X)
Belgium
German to Dutch
+ ...
Clean up *ppt or *xls from TagEditor Jul 25, 2006

Hello,

To clean up this kind of files, processed in TagEditor, you save both files in the same folder or both on desktop.
To be absolutely sure, both files have exactly the same name (this is extremely important), you right click on the original file, copy the name and paste the name on the translation file (*ttx file). The name of the *ttx file, though, has to be followed by the extension of the original file. So, if the original was a powerpoint, add '.ppt'.
Maybe it
... See more
Hello,

To clean up this kind of files, processed in TagEditor, you save both files in the same folder or both on desktop.
To be absolutely sure, both files have exactly the same name (this is extremely important), you right click on the original file, copy the name and paste the name on the translation file (*ttx file). The name of the *ttx file, though, has to be followed by the extension of the original file. So, if the original was a powerpoint, add '.ppt'.
Maybe it sounds complicated, but it is simple:

NAME.ppt = NAME.ppt.ttx
NAME1.xls = NAME1.xls.ttx

That is the code you have to use. Now open the *ttx, select 'file'-'save target as'. The program will tell you there already exists a file with that name. Click 'yes' to overwrite the original file. Now open the original file and you will find your translation there.

Best regards,

Anneleen
Collapse

Clelia Tarasco
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thanks Jul 25, 2006

Thanks to you and to everyone
I solved the problem

iamsara
iamsara
English to Spanish
why cleaning? Jul 26, 2006

Sorry but I think I´m missing something... Why cleaning if you can use save target as... and get the cleaned document? What is the difference between both ways?

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

impossibile to clean a ppt file processed with tageditor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »