Maximizing and minimizing Tag Editor windows and workbench 7.0.0.615
Thread poster: mbtridiom
mbtridiom
mbtridiom
Local time: 19:26
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 28, 2006

Hi, I don't know why but suddenly I can only visualize my Tag Editor window as fully maximized window and thus I can not see at the same time the TRADOS WORKBENCH window and the tag Editor window. My Trados version is TRADOS 7.0.0.615 (build 615). Tag Editor version 7.0. I have tried almost everything (activating and removing the "pin on top mark"), restaring my PC, etc.
Can anyone help me?

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:26
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
A possible solution Jul 28, 2006

It has happened to other colleagues, and the solution is in this posting
http://www.proz.com/post/220438#220438

It could be tricky if you are not familiar with editing the system registry. Make first a registry backup (always a good idea) before editing it.

Note that the proposed solution refers to Workbench, and you have a problem with TagEditor, but if you look aro
... See more
It has happened to other colleagues, and the solution is in this posting
http://www.proz.com/post/220438#220438

It could be tricky if you are not familiar with editing the system registry. Make first a registry backup (always a good idea) before editing it.

Note that the proposed solution refers to Workbench, and you have a problem with TagEditor, but if you look around in the registry structure, you should be able to find the corresponding entry for the TagEditor window.

bye
Gianfranco

[Modificato alle 2006-07-28 12:26]
Collapse

Annie Kopp
Annie Kopp
French to German
+ ...
Cascading windows Jul 28, 2006

I had this problem recently with Trados Workbench, where I could open the window only to maximum size and reducing it only to the icon in the task bar, but nothing in between.

I found a solution by right-clicking on the task bar and choosing "cascading windows" (or similar, my Windows is in French) and then re-sizing all the windows according to my preferences.

Hope this helps.

Annie

[Edited at 2006-07-28 12:46]

mbtridiom
mbtridiom
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 28, 2006

Dear Annie and Gianfranceo,

Thanks both for your replies. I tried Gianfranco's solution but I am afraid I do not know enough about Registry editing as to know what I should alter from the Tag Editor folders. Still I will keep on investigating to see if I can find out more!

Till then I will have to use the cascading windows solution.

Thanks again!

Marta

mbtridiom
mbtridiom
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I made it! This is how to resize the Tag Editor window Jul 28, 2006

Before editing your system make a copy just in case!

Close Translator's Workbench and TAG EDITOR.
From the Start menu, choose Run. The Run dialog box is displayed.
Type regedit in the Run box.
Click OK. The Windows Registry editor is displayed.
In the left side pane, navigate through the folders to the following path : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TRADOS\TagEditor\Settings.
On the right side pane, double-click on LEFT. The Edit DWORD Value Dialog dia
... See more
Before editing your system make a copy just in case!

Close Translator's Workbench and TAG EDITOR.
From the Start menu, choose Run. The Run dialog box is displayed.
Type regedit in the Run box.
Click OK. The Windows Registry editor is displayed.
In the left side pane, navigate through the folders to the following path : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TRADOS\TagEditor\Settings.
On the right side pane, double-click on LEFT. The Edit DWORD Value Dialog dialog is displayed.
Under Base, select the HEXADECIMAL.
Under Value Data, enter 1.
Click OK.
On the right side pane, double-click on RIGHT. The Edit DWORD Value Dialog dialog is displayed.
Under Base, select the HEXADECIMAL.
Under Value Data, enter 502.

Close the Registry Editor.
Launch Translator's Workbench and TAG EDITOR.
They should both open correctly.

What I did was to open another PC where the values were correct and compare each one per one until I found out!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Maximizing and minimizing Tag Editor windows and workbench 7.0.0.615

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »