Thread poster: Jeremy Smith

Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:53
French to English
+ ...
Jul 28, 2006

Hi,

In the text I'm currently translating (deadline today - how predictably inconvenient), whenever I get to a heading or a sub-heading (eg: article clauses - it's a contract), instead of opening a new segment, Trados appears to fail, and I just get a highlighted pair of curly brackets (in the text - not the regular purple Trados brackets). Upon trying to open the segment, I get this message in Word:

Microsft Visual Basic Run-time error: -2147221040 (800401d0) DataObject: PutInClipboard OpenClipboard Failed

Trados then fails to respond and I have to shut it down from Windows Task Manager.

Any ideas on how to solve the issue? Given that it happens when I come to a heading to be entered in the document table of contents, I imagine the problem might lie with Word rather than Trados, but I'm not sure.

Software details:

Trados 7.5.0.756 (build 756)
Word 2000 (yes I know - I'm upgrading soon)

Thanks very much in advance.

[Edited at 2006-07-28 12:25]

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:53
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Tageditor? Jul 29, 2006

Try translating this DOC with Tageditor. It is possible with Trados 7.5.

Looking at the errors, do you have a clipboard extension installed? Such gizmos like to interfere.

HTH

Piotr

Mohamed  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:53
English to Arabic
+ ...
Trados Support May 7, 2007

Hi Jeremy,

Hope this helps

http://www.sdl.com/trados-support-view.htm?cntID=1574

I wonder why Trados does not deal with this, even with the latest release SDL Trados 2007. I am having the same issue with Office 2003.

Mohamed

Winfield Trivette II  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:53
Spanish to English
+ ...
Any Solutions to this Problem Aug 21, 2007

Does Workbench 7.0 work with MS Word 2003 or not? Why can't Trados open the clipboard? What am I missing? Thanks for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Run-time error

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search