Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 14:19
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Aug 1, 2006

Dear colleagues,

Is there a story collector plugin for Indesign CS2 files. I can find only the plugins for 2.0 and CS. What about CS2?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:19
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
There is no story collector for InDesign CS2 Aug 1, 2006

Please refer to File Formats Reference Guide, which can be downloaded from www.translationzone.com

For InDesign CS2 the process has changed and uses now the InDesign interchange format INX (similar to Framemaker, however without any additional preparation).
What you need is to save the InDesign file as InDesign interchange (*.inx) and then open this file in Tageditor.

Regards
Jerzy

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 14:19
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the explanation Aug 1, 2006

It works flawlessly. This is the first time that a Trados application surprised me.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Don´t praise the day before the sun comes down :) Aug 1, 2006

(as man uses to say in Poland)
I´m glad it works for you.
However, this process might be tricky - there were problems reported with big InDesign files.
Personally I encoutered trouble when importing a middle InDesign file from inx back to indd - for unknown reasons the import stopped on the page before last and InDesign crashed. After I left those pages unprocessed the import has worked.

Regards
Jerzy

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
You are lucky :) Aug 2, 2006

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

It works flawlessly. This is the first time that a Trados application surprised me.

I had some rough time with CS2 INX files, so you were lucky

Wojtek

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Indesign CS2 and Trados 2006 FL

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search