" URGENT" Trados rubbish text
Thread poster: Aladdin
Aladdin
Local time: 05:14
English to Arabic
+ ...
Aug 2, 2006

When I opened my excisting TM and while I was opening a 100% match string the translation showed rubbish text (In chinese letters) instead of Arabic and English text, Please advise.
My windows version is: XP SP2
My word version is: XP SP2
My trados version is: 7

Best regards

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Guess you have to translate the segment Aug 3, 2006

If the creator of the TM has put Chinese into it you have to replace it by your translation. What language code is your TM? When translating EN to Arabic you should use a TM with the respective languages or create one of your own. That applies to all CAT-tools in all versions. The TM can only offer what was put into it.

Regards
Heinrich

Aladdin
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Language pair is EN>>AR Aug 3, 2006

Hi Heinrich, Hi all

The TM is already containing the respective languages (EN-AR ) but in some strings not all of them, the text is shown in chinese characters instead of Arabic characters, also some letters may be replaced by questions marks, and I really don't know why?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards

Aladdin

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Re Aladdin Aug 3, 2006

If you use a TM someone else has compiled everything is possible. I once had a try at WinAlign with too large Wordfiles. The result was disustrous. If the TM offers rubbish you must put in your own translation and throw out the rubbish. With such TMs you have to check every entry, even if it looks ok at first glance.
Regards
Heinrich

Aladdin
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have tried Aug 3, 2006

I have tried to create a new TM from the uncleaned file but the result was the same.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

" URGENT" Trados rubbish text

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search