peiling
peiling  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:03
Chinese to English
+ ...
Aug 6, 2006

Hi all,

I need help badly. I just started using Trados 7.0. Under Terminology Recognition Options, there are only 4 languages I could select from (German, French, Spanish, English). I need Chinese and Malay! Please advice on how to rectify this.

Thanks a million!
Pei Ling

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
A rather stupid suggestion ... Aug 6, 2006

reinstall TRADOS for those languages - I know I know, there should be something less stupid possible. Just for the time before some hack gets posted here....

regards

smo

PS: actually with some time invested I would assume one can end up with several versions on one and the same system, catering each to a different group of languages.

[Edited at 2006-08-06 11:56]

peiling
Germany
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Must be something else? Aug 6, 2006

As I didn't even chose Spanish, French, etc during installation but I'm sure that I chose the other languages that I'm using. Maybe keep that suggestion for the time being. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 02:03
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
AFAIK, you can choose Trados languages Aug 6, 2006

(up to 5 in Freelance version) only during the installation.

Uldis

dianastr
dianastr  Identity Verified
Latvia
Latvian to English
+ ...
Same problem here Aug 10, 2006

Dear Pei Ling,
I have the exact same problem. Same languages appear in the Term Recognition Options, but the primary language that I chose does not appear there. Could be some software error, perhaps?
I have already gotten in contact with the Trados support, no reply yet.

peiling
Germany
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Partial resolution Aug 10, 2006

Well I took Vito's advice and reinstalled Multiterm. Then play around with it a bit. Now I do see Chinese (after loading a Chinese>English TM). However, although I've selected Chinese as the source language, the characters that appeared in the Workbench are jumbled up signs......

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term Recognition Option - only selected languages

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »