Problem copying tags in Tag Editor
Thread poster: frmwa
frmwa
frmwa
English to French
Aug 18, 2006

With Trados 6.5...

When I use the shortcuts (alt ctrl down, ...) to copy tags in the destination segment, il got them in "rough" format (eg.
) instead of graphical format (grey square or arrows)
I re-installed the whole bunch but without success.

Any idea someone ?

THX !

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 18:07
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
It's a display option Aug 18, 2006

(tags) ... in "rough" format - eg. <br spacewithin="0.9" spacebefore="0.2"/></cf> - instead of graphical format (grey square or arrows)

In the standard toolbar you have three diamond-like icons ("No tag text","Partial tag text", "Complete Tag text"). Could it be, you've been missing them, i.e. what they're intended for?

regards

[Edited at 2006-08-18 17:30]

[Edited at 2006-08-18 17:31]

frmwa
frmwa
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, but... Aug 19, 2006

Thank you, I've noticed these icons, but the "rough format" I'm speaking of is in fact "rough", i.e. is not recognized as a tag a by the programm, as it can be seen on this screen shot.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6162/tradostv2.jpg

When I copy-paste the tags from de source segment, into the target segment everything's all right but it doesn't work with t
... See more
Thank you, I've noticed these icons, but the "rough format" I'm speaking of is in fact "rough", i.e. is not recognized as a tag a by the programm, as it can be seen on this screen shot.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6162/tradostv2.jpg

When I copy-paste the tags from de source segment, into the target segment everything's all right but it doesn't work with the short-cuts -
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem copying tags in Tag Editor

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »