How can I make a text file without Tags from ttx file?
Thread poster: Hikonishi (X)
Hikonishi (X)
Hikonishi (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:27
English to Japanese
Aug 18, 2006

I want to make a source text file without tags from ttx file. How can I do this? Please advise. I use Trados 2006 Freelance.

Thank you,
Hiromi

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:27
English to Polish
+ ...
Two step process? Aug 18, 2006

1. Save target.
2. Open with target application (a browser, Powerpoint), select all, copy to clipboard and paste to Notepad.

Hikonishi (X)
United States
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
If you don't have the software... Aug 19, 2006

I leaned the basic idea. However, if you don't have software for the "target" format, how can you handle?

In my case, the "target" application is PageMaker, and I don't have the software. I can download trial version, but is there any other approach to obtain source text?

Thank you,
Hiromi

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 05:27
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
transfer to a txt Aug 19, 2006

using the standard ctrl-a, ctrl-c in ttx opened by TagEditor, then ctrl-v in notepad, or jEdit, or something like that.

Now you can write a macro in Word (for example) to delete all text between "tag brackets" (including the brackets themselves).

But the question is, why would you do such a thing? I cannot see any reasonable purpose. I mean, since TagEditor has been written for this kind of processing ttx files (and is nearly successful in that kind of work...
See more
using the standard ctrl-a, ctrl-c in ttx opened by TagEditor, then ctrl-v in notepad, or jEdit, or something like that.

Now you can write a macro in Word (for example) to delete all text between "tag brackets" (including the brackets themselves).

But the question is, why would you do such a thing? I cannot see any reasonable purpose. I mean, since TagEditor has been written for this kind of processing ttx files (and is nearly successful in that kind of work), why not use it?

Antonin
Collapse

Hikonishi (X)
United States
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 22, 2006

I have leaned how to make text file from ttx. Thank you very much.

The reason I want to make text file (word file). My colleague doesn't use Trados, so I was trying to make text file to get his help.

Another situation is that my client want to check the text in word file before DTP work.

Thank you,
Hiromi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I make a text file without Tags from ttx file?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »