Indesign *.xml in TagEditor
Thread poster: Bjørnar Magnussen

Bjørnar Magnussen  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:05
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Aug 21, 2006

I have received an .xml file created in Indesign. When I open it in TagEditor, some of the spaces (that I see when opening the file in a browser) are missing.

When trying to open the file in Word (encoding: Unicode), I can also see the spaces. They have the style: Plain text + MS Mincho. The rest of the text (that I see in TagEditor) have the style: Plain text.

The client has sent me a new file which is a TradosTag document. However, the same problem persists.

Version: Trados 6.5.5.438

Vauwe
English to German
+ ...
TTX Aug 23, 2006

Normally, Indesign files are converted with StoryCollector to ttx files that you can edit in TagEditor. I don't what procedure your customer carried out to convert Indesign to an xml file.

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
INX or ISC format Sep 4, 2006

Hi!

Your file should have the ending .INX (from InDesign CS2) or .ISC (InDesign CS1), to be able to re-import into InDesign afterwards.

If your client sent you an .xml, they probably don't know what they're doing.

Ask them for either of the above formats instead.

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Indesign *.xml in TagEditor

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search