Pawel Gromek  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:09
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2006

Hi,

I am new to Trados and decided to check Demo first. Can someone please tell me if there is some way to use TM with demo? I mean, I have TM in a .txt file and need to save it once the translation is done. Hope this makes sense. Again, I am new to this software, and any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Pawel

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:09
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Convert your TM to Trados format Aug 23, 2006

PawelG wrote:
I mean, I have TM in a .txt file and need to save it once the translation is done.

You need to convert your TM to a format that Trados can import. AFAIK, the aligner in Trados is disabled in the demo version, so what you could do is to "align" your TM again using bitext2tmx or some other aligner, and then see if Trados is willing to import the TMX file.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitext2tmx

Tomasz Syrek
Tomasz Syrek  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TM can be exported into txt file Aug 23, 2006

If your txt file is a TM exported with Trados Workbench, you can easily import it into a new TM file. Just create a new TM file and choose File>Import from the Trados Workbench menu. After your translation is done, you can export the TM back into a txt file: choose File>Export from the Trados Workbench menu.
The above is true for the fulll version. I am not sure how the demo works. AFAIR the number of TM segments is limited.
Best
Tomasz

[Edited at 2006-08-23 09:12]

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Trados Demo Aug 23, 2006

PawelG wrote:
I mean, I have TM in a .txt file and need to save it once the translation is done.

Is the TXT file in Trados format? If yes, then create a new TM in Workbench (File - New) and import the TXT file (File - Import). Finish your translation and export the TM (File - Export). However, the Trados demo is limited to a certain number of translation units (100, I believe), so you might not be able to finish your job.

P.S. Sorry for duplicate post, the answer above wasn't visible when I wrote mine.

[Edited at 2006-08-23 09:26]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Demo

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »