Veronique Boulet
Veronique Boulet
Canada
Local time: 14:25
English to French
+ ...
Aug 24, 2006

Hello,

I have a txt file to import in Trados. When doing the import, it says: "Import finished successfully. 1200 TUs read in 4 seconds: 0 updated. O added, 1200 invalid."

What can I do to fix this problem? Do I have a problem with Trados or my TM or it is the client's txt file?

Thank you for your help!
Véronique

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:25
Swedish to English
+ ...
Language codes Aug 24, 2006

A common reason is that the language codes in your TXT file are not correct, not identical with existing codes.

Export a MT that works correctly to a txt file and compare the codes.

Veronique Boulet
Veronique Boulet
Canada
Local time: 14:25
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 25, 2006

Thank you for your help!

Someone also told me to check the languages of the TM. I created a TM with English (Belgium) and French (Canada), but is was in fact English (US) and French (Canada). Now it works perfectly!

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 - invalid UT during import

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »