Problem to connect to workbench from TagEditor 6.5
Thread poster: Pamela Gallusser

Pamela Gallusser
Argentina
Local time: 15:23
English to Spanish
Aug 28, 2006

Hi, I have a ttx file and I am working with a trados TM. As I noticed trados was not recognizing matches I checked tools/connect to workbench and it was gray (disabled). I checked and the languages are the same, do you have any clues as how to solve it? Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:23
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Gray is normal Aug 29, 2006

I'm working on a ttx file with Workbench. I checked Tool in TagEditor and it is gray, too, but Workbench works fine. So this should be normal. There could be something else that you did not notice. Did you try the Concordance function? Try to open a translated sentence and see if the Workbench provides anything.

Pamela Gallusser
Argentina
Local time: 15:23
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
It should not be gray when a file is open Aug 29, 2006

As far as I know it should not be gray when a file is open. I think the problem is the type of Spanish in the tagE and the WB are different and trados 6.5 does not have the chance to build a tm with that sort of Spanish, it is only available in Trados 7...I will let you know if I find out anything else. Thank you.

Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:23
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I'm using 6.5 Aug 29, 2006

I checked Tool when a file was open and I actually had a segment open. The "connect to workbench" was gray, but workbench interacted normally with TagEditor.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem to connect to workbench from TagEditor 6.5

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search