Thread poster: Jonathan Lukens (X)
Jonathan Lukens (X)
Jonathan Lukens (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:54
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 30, 2006

Hi all,

I've had a lot of problems with malware and software conflicts recently, so last weekend I reinstalled Windows XP (Media Center Edition), and at the suggestion of a friend who is a software engineer, set up an Administrator account for installing software and a separate User account for actually working. I am told that this yields very good results in preventing any problems with the Windows registry, but it also seems to disable all macros in Office applications. Thus, I'
... See more
Hi all,

I've had a lot of problems with malware and software conflicts recently, so last weekend I reinstalled Windows XP (Media Center Edition), and at the suggestion of a friend who is a software engineer, set up an Administrator account for installing software and a separate User account for actually working. I am told that this yields very good results in preventing any problems with the Windows registry, but it also seems to disable all macros in Office applications. Thus, I've been translating in TagEditor (7.5.0.756) instead of word, but even then under the LUA MultiTerm (7.1.0.361) won't work. Everything works fine under the Administrator account. Does anyone know how to enable macros for selected programs, or have other ideas in case it is not a matter of macros being disabled?
Thanks, Jonathan
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Running MultiTerm 7 under a LUA

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »