https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/54682-trados_55_freelance_dongle_problem.html

Trados 5.5 Freelance dongle problem
Thread poster: A. Deb
A. Deb
A. Deb  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 6, 2006

Hi everyone

I bought TRADOS 5.5 Freelance through the Translator Group Buying scheme several years ago. My dongle has just died on me today. I called SDL who told me that they don't support 5.5 and cleverly offered to sell me an upgrade. I really don't want to upgrade as I don't used TRADOS very often, but as fate would have it, I'm working on a TRADOS project right now. Does anyone know how I can get round having to upgrade?

Thanks

Ana

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Buy a dongle second-hand?! Sep 6, 2006

Hi Ana,

You can look for a 5.5-dongle from another translator, that maybe moved on to another CAT tool or version.

I haven't found any "garage sale" forum here on Proz, but I think that's a good idea for the future. Was this ever suggested before?!

/Jan

[Edited at 2006-09-06 10:09]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Exchange section Sep 6, 2006

Hi Jan,

I haven't found any "garage sale" forum here on Proz, but I think that's a good idea for the future. Was this ever suggested before?!

Have a look at the Exchange section.

Best, Ralf

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Never noticed Exchange! Sep 7, 2006

Hey Ralf, that's neat!

I never noticed this section before.

I guess the title "Exchange" was so vague that when I flipped through the site, I took for granted that it was something boring/useless, and not an actual buy/sell/swap area!

Maybe the moderators should consider a more direct name, or find other ways to promote this area (explanatory banners on the welcome page or similar)?!

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 5.5 Freelance dongle problem

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »