Looking for simple SDLX tutorial
Thread poster: Elizabeth Sumner
Elizabeth Sumner
Elizabeth Sumner
Local time: 08:51
Russian to English
+ ...
Sep 7, 2006

Could anyone recommend a basic SDLX tutorial? I'm looking for one that starts by covering the basic functions rather than focusing on details of the package - something similar to the Trados tutorials would be great.

Lizzy Sumner

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:51
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Looking for simple SDLX tutorial Sep 7, 2006

SDLX already contains a tutorial. Look for "Tutorial" in the Start menu items (the path on my computer is: Start - All Programs - SDL International - SDL Trados 2006 Freelance - SDLX - Tutorial).

Bruno Magne
Bruno Magne  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:51
English to French
+ ...
Some more details would be useful... Sep 7, 2006

Assuming you have installed SDL Trados 2006 Freelance on your mahcine and that your platform is Windowx XP: do as follows

Click on START --> ALL PROGRAMAS --> SDL International --> SDL Trados 2006 Freelance --> SDLX --> Tutorial.

It's been a very precious help for me wen I began using this software.

Another good starting point is reading through the whole documentation that comes with the software. It does not make for that good a reading, but it's a great
... See more
Assuming you have installed SDL Trados 2006 Freelance on your mahcine and that your platform is Windowx XP: do as follows

Click on START --> ALL PROGRAMAS --> SDL International --> SDL Trados 2006 Freelance --> SDLX --> Tutorial.

It's been a very precious help for me wen I began using this software.

Another good starting point is reading through the whole documentation that comes with the software. It does not make for that good a reading, but it's a great help.

Cheers

Bruno Magne
Collapse

Elizabeth Sumner
Elizabeth Sumner
Local time: 08:51
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Some more details... Sep 7, 2006

Thanks for the replies. I'm trying out a copy of SDLX Lite, which doesn't seem to include a tutorial. I've looked on the internet but so far haven't found a tutorial that gets straight down to the nitty-gritty of translating a document then saving it in Word format.

Kind regards,

Lizzy Sumner

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:51
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Looking for simple SDLX tutorial Sep 7, 2006

...translating a document then saving it in Word format.

It is not possible in SDLX Lite:

This is a FREE version of SDLX that will work ONLY with projects prepared with the ELITE version of SDLX (similar to the relationship between Adobe Acrobat Professional for creating PDFs, and Adobe Acrobat Reader which can only read and edit PDFs). NOTE: If you download this version, you will not be able to use SDLX without being sent a project from someone else.

I suggest downloading the trial version with the tutorial.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for simple SDLX tutorial

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »