https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/55406-please_help_with_trados_tm_conversion_to_wordfast_compatible.html

Please help with Trados TM conversion to Wordfast compatible
Thread poster: Yoanna
Yoanna
Yoanna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:10
English to Polish
+ ...
Sep 16, 2006

Hi, Trados users. I have a problem. My Client sent me Trados TM without converting it into .tmx files and unfortunately before I opened the files, he was already gone for the weekend. The translation is due on Monday and I absolutely cannot reach him.

I was wondering if one of you could help me out and convert the TM files for me, of course if you think this would be confidentiality breach, please let me know and I will tell my Client I am unable to do the assignment.

T
... See more
Hi, Trados users. I have a problem. My Client sent me Trados TM without converting it into .tmx files and unfortunately before I opened the files, he was already gone for the weekend. The translation is due on Monday and I absolutely cannot reach him.

I was wondering if one of you could help me out and convert the TM files for me, of course if you think this would be confidentiality breach, please let me know and I will tell my Client I am unable to do the assignment.

Thanks in advance.

Joanna
Collapse

Yoanna
United States
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved! Sep 17, 2006

Thanks!!!

Joanna

Erica Sarnataro
Erica Sarnataro  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:10
English to Italian
+ ...
How didi you do? Sep 17, 2006

Dear Joanna, how did you solve your problem?

Yoanna
United States
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well... Sep 17, 2006

Actually, I didn't. I posted the thank you reply after a friendly ProZ colleague offered to change the file for me but then it turned out since she doesn't have Polish on her Trados she can't change the TM. So I will just have to tell the Client about the later delivery of the job after him changing the file himself.

I guess it is hard to find someone with English-Polish Trados, sadly, nobody else offered.

Thanks for asking.

Joanna

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 19:10
English to Swedish
+ ...
Depends if the TM is protected Sep 19, 2006

You didn't mention if the TM was password protected or not, but maybe that's for granted?

Otherwise, it's easy to open as exclusive and export to tmx yourself...

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please help with Trados TM conversion to Wordfast compatible

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »