Thread poster: lylaelia

lylaelia
South Korea
Local time: 14:54
English to Korean
+ ...
Sep 17, 2006

Greetings,

I just got a new laptop and happened to install Trados 6.5 first THEN Microsoft Office 2003 . And no matter how I tried, this Trados bar just doesn't come up in a word file.

Did anyone install Trados first and Microsoft Office later? If so, how did you incorporate Trados into Office?

Thank you very much in advance for your response.

[Edited at 2006-09-17 19:09]

[Edited at 2006-09-17 19:20]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:24
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Copy the Trados template from Trados installation folder to Word startup folder Sep 17, 2006

Close Word
Go to Trados installation folder (for SDL Trados 2006: C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2006_FL\TT\Templates) and copy the TRADOS7.dot to Word startup folder (usually: C:\Documents and Settings\Apllication Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup)
Now restart Word and the tool bar should be present

HTH
Jerzy

lylaelia
South Korea
Local time: 14:54
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works! YAY!!! Sep 17, 2006

Hi Jerzy,

Thank you so very much for your prompt reply and detailed explanation. I have Trados 6.5, not 7, but it worked just the same way you instructed.

You literally saved my life as a translator who has an extremely urgent job to hand in by Monday morning.

'Gamsa-hamnida' ("Thank you " in Korean), Jerzy, and wish you a wonderful week ahead!

Lots of cheers from Seoul,
Elia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS Installation

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search