Wrong (modified) user ID in segments (Workbench 5.5)
Thread poster: gilkain
gilkain
Local time: 20:32
English to French
+ ...
Sep 18, 2006

Some of my users recently informed me that when they translate documents, the user ID which appear on the segments is wrong.
This happens for instance when a translator finds a good segment in the memory, uses it but changes one or two words. The original segment then changes owner.
Any idea ?

Direct link Reply with quote

tvtruc
Vietnam
Local time: 01:32
English to Vietnamese
Check if your TM "Allow Mutiple Translations" Sep 18, 2006

gilkain wrote:

Some of my users recently informed me that when they translate documents, the user ID which appear on the segments is wrong.
This happens for instance when a translator finds a good segment in the memory, uses it but changes one or two words. The original segment then changes owner.
Any idea ?

Check if your TM "Allow Mutiple Translations".

If yes, maybe when new user change translation for known segment, it will create a new translation for the same source in new user name. This is just my guess.

BETA TRANSLATE
France
Local time: 15:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
copy source Sep 18, 2006

My suggestion is the following one:

In order to avoid making mistakes whenever I have to translate either a name or a long number such as ID's, I click "copy source".

In my version it is the arrow between "restore source" and Set/close next open/get".

I hope this will help

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wrong (modified) user ID in segments (Workbench 5.5)

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search