Thread poster: Gert Sass (M.A.)

Gert Sass (M.A.)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:31
English to German
+ ...
Sep 21, 2006

Hello there,

My Tageditor (Trados TE 7.0.0, Build 615) just shut down. Afterwards it was not possible to open the previous file. Upon trying to do so, the following friendly message appears:

"(40007): Error reading TTX file: The input ended before all started tags were ended. Last tag started was`raw´"
This occurred when pushing the "browse" button under "Term Recognition options".

I haven´t found any description of this error in the help menu (I know that some postings in the forum relate to error 40007 exist, but so far, none of these has pointed towards a solution). Will I have to start all over again?

TIA for any help.

Gert

[Edited at 2006-09-21 21:30]

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Source file type? Sep 21, 2006

What's the file format of the original file (before it got converted to .ttx)?

Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Original file format is RTF Sep 21, 2006

I think so. The full file name is GFIN_Res.rc.rtf.ttx

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
RTF in Trados 7.0? Sep 22, 2006

Gert Sass (M.A.) wrote:

I think so. The full file name is GFIN_Res.rc.rtf.ttx

Are you sure Trados 7.0 supports the translation of .rtf files in TagEditor? It certainly doesn't support the translation of Word .doc files.

HTH,
Benjamin

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
RC Sep 22, 2006

full file name is GFIN_Res.rc.rtf.ttx

that makes it a resource file (.rc)

don't know if that will help you

Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
supported Sep 22, 2006

Are you sure Trados 7.0 supports the translation of .rtf files in TagEditor? It certainly doesn't support the translation of Word .doc files.

rtf files for TagEd are tagged (STF); TE does these.

worddocs require TTX workflow for translation in TE. it translates wonderfully.

Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
no restart Sep 22, 2006

Will I have to start all over again?

everything you did is in the TM. at worst you'll need to batch translate the entire file again. whatever error 40007 means, you're NOT in trouble.

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Wait a minute. Sep 22, 2006

saitch wrote:

full file name is GFIN_Res.rc.rtf.ttx

that makes it a resource file (.rc)

don't know if that will help you

That's right, the ORIGINAL source file was a resource file, but that file was obviously converted to .rtf before it was opened in TagEditor.

rtf files for TagEd are tagged (STF); TE does these.

RTF files are RTF files - they may contain STF contents and if so, TagEditor supports these, but "regular" RTF files may be a different story altogether.

worddocs require TTX workflow for translation in TE. it translates wonderfully.

You mean, you can translate these wonderfully in TagEditor 7.1 and above (!). Gert has TagEditor 7.0.

Will I have to start all over again?

everything you did is in the TM. at worst you'll need to batch translate the entire file again. whatever error 40007 means, you're NOT in trouble.

We had a case recently of a translator translating a .ttx file for us that had been created from a Word file. I don't remember which Trados version exactly she used, but it was lower than 7.1. The resulting file could not be read once it had been saved once, neither on her computer nor on any of ours and saving as target or cleaning up wouldn't work either.

The only solution was for us to use her TM to translate the original .doc file in TagEditor 7.5, which worked out alright, but took quite a bit of time, despite all the matches.

Maybe you should ask your client if they're sure this file type can be safely edited in Trados 7.0 at all.

HTH,
Benjamin

Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
ok Sep 22, 2006

Maybe you should ask your client if they're sure this file type can be safely edited in Trados 7.0 at all.

okay. didn't know these older versions of trados.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
RC.RTF.TTX .... huh?! - that's quite a bundle Sep 22, 2006

As far as I remember, TRADOS (very probably then TagEditor) can handle RC (ie resource files), so the extra RTF extension (and the conversion involved in it) stinks.

Why dont you try - if you have it of course - to load the original RC into TagEditor?

[Edited at 2006-09-22 15:24]

Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THX to you all Oct 17, 2006

I cannot tell what exactly was the problem, though.
It all sort of vanished at the moment when I managed to install my new SDL Trados 2006.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 40007 in TagEditor

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search