Thread poster: Marinus Vesseur

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:36
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 3, 2006

Dear colleagues

Whilst installing SDLTrados 2006, or rather .Net Framework, I encountered error 1935. The error message is much longer, also contains HRESULT: 0x80070005. The installation routine will roll back. I have rebooted, it's in Windows XP SP2, not other programs active in the background. Any ideas? Much appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Canada
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Microsoft .Net Framework cannot be installed Oct 12, 2006

This is the weirdest thing. After trying in vain to install SDL Trados 2006 on a new pc (see above), I thought I'd try and install it on my wife's computer. Although the error message is different, the installation process of .Net framework is not completed, instead an error message appears and the installation rolls back. The Trados installation routine keeps on trying and the whole thing has to be forced to stop by pushing Ctrl-Alt-Del.
I even installed Windows XP parallel on a separate partition, then tried to install SDLTrados 2006, with the same result, namely none. If I download .Net from the Microsoft website: same result. I'm at the end of my thether.
Anyone else have these problems?

Canada
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Avira Anti-Virus program was the culprit. Oct 12, 2006

Problem solved. It had to be something that I have on every pc of ours, right? That's what it was, our virus protection program Avira AntiVir doesn't like Microsoft products, it seems. Had to switch it off and presto.. everything ran smoothly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLTrados 2006 installation error. .Net error 1935

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search