TagEditor and Word with embbeded image
Thread poster: Traduziona

Traduziona
Italy
Local time: 14:21
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Oct 3, 2006

Hi all, I'm running trados 7.1, I just finished to translate a word doc in tageditor (it's a 5 mb file) but when I saved the .doc file all the images disappeared, the final document shows only a square with a red X. Any idea on how to solve this problem. (BTW before your reply I'm cutting/pasting)
Tks
Chicho

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
html Oct 4, 2006

Chicho wrote:
when I saved the .doc file all the images disappeared, the final document shows only a square with a red X.

It's a long --HTML based-- shot, but did you move any files? Word apparently knows it should insert images, but doesn't find them.

Traduziona
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Embedded Images Oct 4, 2006

I will explain myself in a better way.
It's an Owner's Manual (120 pages) full of images with formatted text. Last December I translated another similar one just opening the word document with workbench.
I converted the file from .doc to .rtf (511 mb size) and workbench could not open it directly with Word; no way if I open the original document TW plus Word (when the segment gets an image, Workbench hangs up) so I used Tageditor, the result: No images
Tks
Chicho

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor and Word with embbeded image

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search