Should SDL Trados 2006 support all the languages supported by Windows XP?
Thread poster: Tsogt Gombosuren

Tsogt Gombosuren  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:08
Member (2004)
English to Mongolian
+ ...
Oct 4, 2006

I expected that SDL Trados 2006 would include Mongolian in its list of supported languages when I bought a new license for the software.

But it doesn't support Mongolian like its older versions.

Do you think that SDL Trados 2006 should support all the languages supported by Windows XP?

[Edited at 2006-10-04 04:09]

[Edited at 2006-10-04 04:10]

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 15:08
English to Dutch
+ ...
MN Oct 4, 2006

Tsogt Gombosuren wrote:

I expected that SDL Trados 2006 would include Mongolian in its list of supported languages. But it doesn't.

Do you think that SDL Trados 2006 should support all the languages supported by Windows XP?

It does support Mongolian; its language code is MN.

You can install (during installation!) up to 5 languages in the Freelance version.
Only an agency would need more; they're probably buying the Professional package.

Tsogt Gombosuren  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:08
Member (2004)
English to Mongolian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It did not have Mongolian language in its list of languages which appears during installation. Oct 4, 2006

Thank you for your post!

I uninstalled and installed several times to find Mongolian in the dropdown list of languages during installation. But I could not find my language.

I didn't want to select all the languages, but five languages, including Mongolian.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Should SDL Trados 2006 support all the languages supported by Windows XP?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search