https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/58502-reanimating_bak_files_in_trados.html

reanimating .bak files in Trados
Thread poster: Roland Nienerza
Roland Nienerza
Roland Nienerza  Identity Verified

Local time: 22:00
English to German
+ ...
Oct 28, 2006

After having had the usual troublesome workout in translating a text with Trados I am through with the translation - but clean-up, also as most of the time, yielded just a partially clean .bak file and no clean file at all.

And the .bak file that still contains some source and tags is not to be treated in any way - even highlighting for copying does not work.

I have heard that there is a way to reconvert .bak files into normal .doc files but I cannot get hold of it.
... See more
After having had the usual troublesome workout in translating a text with Trados I am through with the translation - but clean-up, also as most of the time, yielded just a partially clean .bak file and no clean file at all.

And the .bak file that still contains some source and tags is not to be treated in any way - even highlighting for copying does not work.

I have heard that there is a way to reconvert .bak files into normal .doc files but I cannot get hold of it.

How is this to be solved?

note: this is a very basic matter, so I do not consider a need for giving more software information than SDL Trados 2006.
Collapse

Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:00
German to English
Rename the bak file Oct 28, 2006

Simply rename the .bak file as .doc or open it from inside word.

Hope that helps
Gillian

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Oct 28, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

Roland Nienerza
Roland Nienerza  Identity Verified

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Gillian Oct 28, 2006

- that really did the trick.

Roland

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

reanimating .bak files in Trados

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »