Concordance window is not showing up
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 03:13
Member
Spanish
+ ...
Nov 2, 2006

Hello, I have Trados 7.0.0.615.

I was working with TagEditor+Workbench and I must have done something because all of a sudden, the Cooncordance window is gone.

I have tried opening it using ALT+(UP) and from the Trados toolbar and Workbench window, but it doesn't show up at all. In Cooncordance settings I have set the cursor to be placed on top of the Cooncordance window and the cooncordance values remain unchanged.

The weird thing is that everytime the Cooncordance window should show up, both TE and WB seem to go the background (the color of the window title bar goes lighter), which makes me think that the cursor is going onto the Cooncordance window, but the window is somehow hidden or reduced.

Suggestions? Thanks.

Claudia

Edit: I forgot to say that I have unistalled-installed Trados but nothing changes even though I even have deleted all Trados folders before installing it again.

Edit: Another thing is that before this problem, I could close the C. window by pulsing Enter, and the cursor would place itself in the target window of the segment (TagEditor). Now, since there is no C. Window, nothing happens when I hit Enter, and since TE is in background, I have to use the mouse to place the cursor in the target window.

[Edited at 2006-11-02 18:40]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Marius Reika  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Suggestion Nov 3, 2006

Claudia Alvis wrote:

The weird thing is that everytime the Cooncordance window should show up, both TE and WB seem to go the background (the color of the window title bar goes lighter), which makes me think that the cursor is going onto the Cooncordance window, but the window is somehow hidden or reduced.
]


Don't know if this works, but try pinning workbench window on top via view, pin on top. My Trados 6.5 concordance window remains minimized, unless I check pin on top selection. Don't know why it is so, but since the solution to my prob. is simple, I don't worry too much.

HTH,
Marius


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 03:13
Member
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 3, 2006

Marius Reika wrote:
Don't know if this works, but try pinning workbench window on top via view, pin on top. My Trados 6.5 concordance window remains minimized, unless I check pin on top selection. Don't know why it is so, but since the solution to my prob. is simple, I don't worry too much.

HTH,
Marius


Thank you Marius but it didn't work


Direct link Reply with quote
 

HughDESS  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:13
Member (2004)
Swedish to French
+ ...
Twin screen ? Nov 25, 2006

Hi Claudia,

Did you work on two screens (on a twin screen, I mean) previous to the problem apparition by any chance ?

Hugues


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Bram Poldervaart  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:13
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Concordance window does not show up Sep 10, 2008

Hugues DESESQUELLES wrote:

Hi Claudia,

Did you work on two screens (on a twin screen, I mean) previous to the problem apparition by any chance ?

Hugues



My concordance window does not show up either and yes I was working on two screens before.. What soluton do you suggest?

Bram


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:13
French to Polish
+ ...
Registry fix... Sep 10, 2008

Bram Poldervaart wrote:

Hugues DESESQUELLES wrote:

Did you work on two screens (on a twin screen, I mean) previous to the problem apparition by any chance ?


My concordance window does not show up either and yes I was working on two screens before.. What soluton do you suggest?


Like a lot of other programs, Trados has a bloody bug related to the windows positions (e.g when you disconnect a monitor, it assumes it still exist and puts the windows off screen (the coordinate values should be checked against
the present configuration and reset if necessary).

You should reestablish the original resolution too and/or plug the
other screen (e.g. if you work with a laptop).


If you prefer hardcore solutions, see below

Quit Trados.

Open Registry editor (type "regedit" in the command line)

Go to the hive:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trados\TW4Win\Last Session]

Find the settings:
"ConcordanceX"=
"ConcordanceY"=
And put some reasonable values for the coordinates, e.g. "1" or "10"


All the values are in pixels.

Done.

Attention.
Working with Registry editor may be dangerous.
A backup is welcome.

Or, you may cut the text below (without begin and end lines) and save
it with notepad as .reg file, then click.

======================================================= begin
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trados\TW4Win\Last Session]
"ConcordanceX"=dword:00000001
"ConcordanceY"=dword:00000001
======================================================= end

Cheers
GG


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 03:13
Member
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Link Sep 10, 2008

Check out this link:

http://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/65768-setting_up_a_two_monitor_system:_is_it_worth_it-page2.html#940577

At the time, I had to reinstall Trados but probably Grzegorz's solution would have been better.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:13
French to Polish
+ ...
Uhm... Sep 10, 2008

Claudia Alvis wrote:

Check out this link:

http://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/65768-setting_up_a_two_monitor_system:_is_it_worth_it-page2.html#940577

At the time, I had to reinstall Trados but probably Grzegorz's solution would have been better.


I didn't realize this thread is so old...

PS.
I will do anything in order not to avoid to (re)install Trados.
It's the worse setup experience I ever had with any kind of software.

Cheers
GG


Direct link Reply with quote
 
ElisaA
France
Local time: 09:13
English to French
+ ...
Thanks a million Feb 16, 2011

Grzegorz Gryc, it might be a really old topic, but you just saved my life Oh god, what would we do without Proz?

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Caroline McLoughlin  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 08:13
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Thank you so much from me too Grzegorz Gryc Aug 4, 2011

Dear Grzegorz Gryc,
Thank you so much from me too a very frustrating problem resolved by entering the X and Y coordinates in the registry file as you suggested.

I really appreciate the tip.

I had the added problem of the Workbench and TagEditor minimizing off screen (having moved from working with dual monitors to single monitor temporarily) but this was fixed by right clicking on the minimize bar, selecting Move and then moving the programs back onto the screen using the arrow keys.

Thanks to a tip kindly posted by a user on a separate website forum.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Shelley Gehret Nishi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:13
Member (2009)
Japanese to English
Thank you again too Grzegorz Gryc Dec 11, 2011

I work with three monitors, had removed one that died and installed a new one. Thanks to efforts of experienced translators like you, we all save a lot of time and energy.
Cheers!


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Marlon Martinez  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:13
English to German
+ ...
Thanks! Jun 9, 2012

Thanks a lot for that post! Made my day

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 18:43
Member
English to Swedish
Thanks! May 8, 2014

Saved me too

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Baris Akbay
Turkey
Local time: 11:13
Turkish to English
+ ...
Thank you for the fix Mar 2, 2015

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Bram Poldervaart wrote:

Hugues DESESQUELLES wrote:

Did you work on two screens (on a twin screen, I mean) previous to the problem apparition by any chance ?


My concordance window does not show up either and yes I was working on two screens before.. What soluton do you suggest?


Like a lot of other programs, Trados has a bloody bug related to the windows positions (e.g when you disconnect a monitor, it assumes it still exist and puts the windows off screen (the coordinate values should be checked against
the present configuration and reset if necessary).

You should reestablish the original resolution too and/or plug the
other screen (e.g. if you work with a laptop).


If you prefer hardcore solutions, see below

Quit Trados.

Open Registry editor (type "regedit" in the command line)

Go to the hive:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trados\TW4Win\Last Session]

Find the settings:
"ConcordanceX"=
"ConcordanceY"=
And put some reasonable values for the coordinates, e.g. "1" or "10"


All the values are in pixels.

Done.

Attention.
Working with Registry editor may be dangerous.
A backup is welcome.

Or, you may cut the text below (without begin and end lines) and save
it with notepad as .reg file, then click.

======================================================= begin
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trados\TW4Win\Last Session]
"ConcordanceX"=dword:00000001
"ConcordanceY"=dword:00000001
======================================================= end

Cheers
GG


I recently purchased a new video card that didn't support the VGA connector of my old second monitor. I was unable to use concordance and thanks to your fix it works now!

Thank you


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Zdeněk Hartmann
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:13
English to Czech
+ ...
Had a similar problem and found this workaround on the web Aug 18, 2015

Thanks for all the valuable insights to everybody, especially to Grzegorz.
Since I was afraid of meddling with registries, I looked for different options.
I found this one on the Web (http://superuser.com/questions/53585/how-to-move-windows-that-open-up-offscreen) and it worked great for me (for Trados Studio 2014 and Windows 7 64-bit0)


Use ALT+TAB to switch to the off-screen application.
Press ALT+SPACE to bring up the system menu (you won't see it because it is off screen)
Press R to select the "Restore" menu choice to ensure the windows isn't is maximized (you can not move it if it is maximized)
Press ALT+SPACE again, then M to select the "Move" menu choice.
Press one of the arrow keys to initiate the movement.
Now just use the mouse to place the window where you want.

If you are using a non-english version of Windows, the "R" and "M" menu choices probably wil be different.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance window is not showing up

Advanced search







PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search