https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/59628-automatic_insertion_of_100_matches_in_workbench.html

Automatic insertion of 100% matches in Workbench
Thread poster: Astro Jaroslaw Rutkowski
Astro Jaroslaw Rutkowski
Astro Jaroslaw Rutkowski  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:00
Polish to English
+ ...
Nov 13, 2006

Hello Trados users,

I am proofreading a pre-translated document in Word with Workbench. I have to do some corrections in the document. The segment gets updated OK. When I come across an identical segment in the document the corrected segment appears in Workbench but is not automatically inserted in Word. How do I set up Wokbench so that the updated segment is inserted automatically into Word without me having to look at the Workbench window? Other 100% matches are inserted automatic
... See more
Hello Trados users,

I am proofreading a pre-translated document in Word with Workbench. I have to do some corrections in the document. The segment gets updated OK. When I come across an identical segment in the document the corrected segment appears in Workbench but is not automatically inserted in Word. How do I set up Wokbench so that the updated segment is inserted automatically into Word without me having to look at the Workbench window? Other 100% matches are inserted automatically, only the ones that I correct do not.
I am used to SDLX where these are inserted automatically.

Jerry
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Not possible Nov 13, 2006

Jaroslaw Rutkowski wrote:

Hello Trados users,

I am proofreading a pre-translated document in Word with Workbench. I have to do some corrections in the document. The segment gets updated OK. When I come across an identical segment in the document the corrected segment appears in Workbench but is not automatically inserted in Word. How do I set up Wokbench so that the updated segment is inserted automatically into Word without me having to look at the Workbench window? Other 100% matches are inserted automatically, only the ones that I correct do not.
I am used to SDLX where these are inserted automatically.

Jerry

Can't be done. You have to click "get" (or use the corresponding keyboard shortcut) to update any repeated instances of sentences you have corrected further up in the document.

Sorry, but this is due to the fact that the document is already translated, i.e. Trados cannot and will not decide for you whether or not repeated instances need to have the same changes applied to them.

The only alternative would be to re-translate the document using the "Translate" function (and select "Update Document") each time you change something.

HTH,
Benjamin

(edited for clarity)

[Edited at 2006-11-13 17:24]

Astro Jaroslaw Rutkowski
Astro Jaroslaw Rutkowski  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Benjamin Nov 13, 2006

At least I am clear on this now. Vielen Dank.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatic insertion of 100% matches in Workbench

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »