Thread poster: Sofia Ortega
Sofia Ortega
Sofia Ortega
Spain
Local time: 06:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 14, 2006

I have been having trouble to to get my TM to work properly during these days. At some point last week, I stopped receiving any matches(although I am pretty sure I have translated a similar piece of info) and my concordance option is not working at all. The funny thing is the TM seems to be loaded with thousands of records, but it gives me just the recent matches (?) Anyone knows what could have happened? TRados online support is not getting back to me on this one...

[Edited at 2006-11-1
... See more
I have been having trouble to to get my TM to work properly during these days. At some point last week, I stopped receiving any matches(although I am pretty sure I have translated a similar piece of info) and my concordance option is not working at all. The funny thing is the TM seems to be loaded with thousands of records, but it gives me just the recent matches (?) Anyone knows what could have happened? TRados online support is not getting back to me on this one...

[Edited at 2006-11-14 17:53]
Collapse

Alicia Casal
Alicia Casal  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 01:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
? Nov 14, 2006

Have you checked your concordance options?

I need to check them from time to time and I always find something misconfigarated.

A.

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
A bug, not a feature? Nov 14, 2006

In my experience, Trados for some reason sometimes ignores the first word in a multi word concordance search. It's probably a bug of some sort... But as suggested, check your concordance settings, and try setting the percentage lower.

Jørgen

Sofia Ortega
Sofia Ortega
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have. Nov 14, 2006

I have checked them, also I have lowered the % to get more matches (even fuzzy ones), but nothing..Could it be something it is misconfigured and I can´t see it? What are the right options?

[Edited at 2006-11-14 18:20]

Alicia Casal
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
What i do Nov 14, 2006

Tools> concordance>options>concordance:

Click the first box: start concordance search..

Some recommend to configurate the workbench in the same language you have your Word, Excel, etc. configurated.

Hope it helps.

Sofia Ortega
Sofia Ortega
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Alicia.. Nov 14, 2006

Thanks for you help, what version of TRados do you have? I purchased the last update (2007 freelance)...
When I go to tools and I select concordance...I get nothing... this is really weird...

Alicia Casal
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Open any TM Nov 14, 2006

It ll work-

Sofia Ortega
Sofia Ortega
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
but..it is open... Nov 14, 2006

I m going to just leave it for today...as I am not getting anything right...Thanks a lot for your help

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Reorganising? Nov 15, 2006

Hi there Sofia!

Regarding the old matches, did you try reorganising your TM? It sometimes helps. Also, check the "Show most recent translation units first" option. It should work properly after reorganisation.

Good luck

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance, TM issue

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »