XML in Multiterm 2006 (how to import an XML file received)
Thread poster: Borja Rosales Ingelmo

Borja Rosales Ingelmo
Spain
Local time: 23:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 17, 2006

Hi, everyone!
I am a new-comer to MultiTerm, and have been assigned a project for which I have to adhere to certain terminology. The agency has sent me an .XML file with the terminology database, and do not know how to import it into Multiterm 2006. I know this must be very simple, but can anyone tell me how to do it?
Thank you very much!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-11-17 16:03]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is not trivial Nov 17, 2006

Did you also receive a file called *.xdt?
If yes, use the xdt to create a new termbase and then import the xml into it.
I´m not aware how to do this procedure without a xtd file, as your database has to match exactly the settings of customers database, where the xml has been exported from.

Regards
Jerzy

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
one way to try Nov 18, 2006

...The agency has sent me an .XML file with the terminology database...

Take an existing Termbase with the correct language pair - after making a backup to avoid losing anything - and use import entries in Termbase menu entry.

Why this suggestion? Based on the fact agency sent you just the XML file, I would assume they assumed you already have the TermBase of the correct form and content and just exported what you need into the said XML file.

Borja Rosales Ingelmo
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 19, 2006

Thank you all! I made it!

Marion Rooijmans
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same problem Apr 3, 2007

Hi,

I have the same problem: I have to import an xml file into Multiterm, but I have no idea how to do it.

Jerzy, you say I should create a new termbase with the xdt file. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Marion

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you receive only the XML or also an XDT file? Apr 3, 2007

When you got only an xml file, so I'm sorry, but I don't know the way the import works.
When you got the xdt file, use "Create a new termbase" from "Termbase" menu in Multiterm. This starts a creator, which should bring you where you wanna go.

Please also take a look at the Multiterm manual, where the termbase creation is described step by step.

Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML in Multiterm 2006 (how to import an XML file received)

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search