https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/59953-tageditor_crashes_when_saving_target_as.html

TagEditor crashes when saving target as...
Thread poster: Corinne Züger
Corinne Züger
Corinne Züger  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 09:15
Spanish to German
+ ...
Nov 17, 2006

Sometimes, when I have finished my translation in TagEditor (source document Word) and I want to save the target (Word), I get an error message:
"TRADOS TagEditor a rencontré un problème et doit fermer. Nous vous prions de nous excuser pour le désagrément encouru..."
(In the report I encounter "tradoswordbinaryfile.dll", perhaps problem file??). It seems to be a problem with Word. I can't get my document cleaned. This is very worrying me as I cannot save the document cleaned... <
... See more
Sometimes, when I have finished my translation in TagEditor (source document Word) and I want to save the target (Word), I get an error message:
"TRADOS TagEditor a rencontré un problème et doit fermer. Nous vous prions de nous excuser pour le désagrément encouru..."
(In the report I encounter "tradoswordbinaryfile.dll", perhaps problem file??). It seems to be a problem with Word. I can't get my document cleaned. This is very worrying me as I cannot save the document cleaned...
I work with Trados/SDL 7, but have had the same problem also when using Trados 6. I work with Office XP 2002.

Any idea what the problem ist?
Thanks a lot...
Collapse

eirinn
eirinn  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:15
English to French
+ ...
Any luck so far? Feb 28, 2007

I have that too, with a Word file. I have Office 2003.

Corinne Züger
Corinne Züger  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 09:15
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes... Feb 28, 2007

... I could solve it directly with SDL Support.

It's question reference 061116-000034, I am not sure if it's open to everybody on the SDL site. Otherwise I can copy the conversation I had in a file and send it to you (if I get your e-mail address).

It was a problem about fixing errors.

Corinne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor crashes when saving target as...

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »