https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/60118-8_not_enough_space_to_process_this_command.html

(8) Not enough space to process this command
Thread poster: Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:18
Member (2004)
English to French
Nov 21, 2006

Hi,

I have been working with my main TM until yesterday.

When trying to open my main TM today (without having changed anything in the meantime), I got the following error message in Workbench: "(8) Espace insuffisant pour traiter cette commande [path to file written here]", which could be translated as "(8) Not enough space to process this command [path to file written here]".

As the command is in French (like my version of Windows XP SP2) and Trados is in
... See more
Hi,

I have been working with my main TM until yesterday.

When trying to open my main TM today (without having changed anything in the meantime), I got the following error message in Workbench: "(8) Espace insuffisant pour traiter cette commande [path to file written here]", which could be translated as "(8) Not enough space to process this command [path to file written here]".

As the command is in French (like my version of Windows XP SP2) and Trados is in English, the error must have been sent by Windows.

I use SDL Trados 7.5. My main TM is 229 Mo.

Maybe a solution would be to split the TM, but I cannot even open it in Workbench.

I would be grateful for any help.
Thank you,
Laure
Collapse

Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Nov 23, 2006

I opened the TM on a more powerful machine, which worked. So the problem was due to the fact that my laptop was not powerful enough anymore to handle a huge TM.

I have now reduced its size and it is working normally again.

I hope this helps people who will have a similar problem.

Laure

Luc morvan
Luc morvan  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to French
Workaround when using Trados 6.5 and 7.5 on same PC Jan 4, 2011

I had this trouble recently with a 260+ Mega TM.
while using Trados 6.5 and 7.5 i parallel on a same PC
For the last project I simply had to work from my laptop with only Trados 8.0 installed as I did not find THE workaround.

I think I've just found this work around, which is quite a strange one.

I got this message while trying to open the TM in Trados 6.5 "(8) Not enough space to...." - hence it did not work
so I clicked on "Register SDL TRADOS 2006 F
... See more
I had this trouble recently with a 260+ Mega TM.
while using Trados 6.5 and 7.5 i parallel on a same PC
For the last project I simply had to work from my laptop with only Trados 8.0 installed as I did not find THE workaround.

I think I've just found this work around, which is quite a strange one.

I got this message while trying to open the TM in Trados 6.5 "(8) Not enough space to...." - hence it did not work
so I clicked on "Register SDL TRADOS 2006 Freelance"
waited for the process to end up,
then I clicked on the Trados 6.5 program icon, to open trados 6.5 directly,
and surprise surprise, the TM eventually opened in Trados 6.5.

I closed the TM, because of the wrong registration and clicked on "Register Trados 6.5 Freelance". Now I can open and use this huge TM...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(8) Not enough space to process this command

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »