woodstar  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:25
Member (2006)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 22, 2006

Hi,

I have a multiterm database for Multiterm 5.5 and need to export it to a text file. I want to export the entire database, but am unsure how to set up the export definition. Anyone who could give me some step-by-step instructions for this?

The visible fields in Multiterm are Entry Number, Product, Entry Type, English and Swedish. This is a one-language database only.

I have experimented and got some results, but not satisfactorily.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Silvia Oviedo Lopez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
try running the default export definition Nov 28, 2006

Hi,
If you want to export all of the entries, try running the default export def.
(Termbase>Export Entries>select Default export definition>Process>Follow the steps in the export wizard.
If you want to create your own export definition you've got two options: creating one from scratch (with the export def wizard) - Termbase>Export Entries>Create; or saving the default one and then editing (Select the default one, click on Save, Load it from the location where you saved it with a different name, select it and then click on edit - the export def wizard will appear).
I hope this helps you. What I use is MultiTerm7.

In case I haven't understood your question and what you want is your whole term base into a text file (.doc? - just guessing), check the Word toolbar section on the user guide. It allows you to print your whole termbase dictionary-like in a microsoft word document.

cheers,
silvia.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 5.5 - export definition

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search