Maja Źróbecka, MITI
Maja Źróbecka, MITI  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:57
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 26, 2006

Hello everyone,

I have downloaded a trial version of Trados and wanted to play with it today. I read the on-line tutorial etc. but got stuck at the very beginning.

Before I start translating, the manual tells me to open a Multiterm Database but I do not have any database since I have never used Trados before.
Am I getting something wrong here?

I would be more than grateful if someone could help me with my induction to Trados.

Thanks a
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have downloaded a trial version of Trados and wanted to play with it today. I read the on-line tutorial etc. but got stuck at the very beginning.

Before I start translating, the manual tells me to open a Multiterm Database but I do not have any database since I have never used Trados before.
Am I getting something wrong here?

I would be more than grateful if someone could help me with my induction to Trados.

Thanks a lot,

Maja
Collapse

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Trados for... Nov 26, 2006

Hi Maja,

MultiTerm is a separate terminology management program that you can download when you buy a Trados licence. You don't actually need it to use Workbench.

Five years ago, a once mystified Trados user called Life Jensen jotted down some very useful notes for people who were new to Workbench:

http://life.bizland.com/trados.htm

The program has acq
... See more
Hi Maja,

MultiTerm is a separate terminology management program that you can download when you buy a Trados licence. You don't actually need it to use Workbench.

Five years ago, a once mystified Trados user called Life Jensen jotted down some very useful notes for people who were new to Workbench:

http://life.bizland.com/trados.htm

The program has acquired many new features in the meantime but the basic process is still the same. Life's notes may help you get up to speed so you can get the full benefit of the Trados tutorials.

Good luck and enjoy exploring computer-assisted translation!

Cheers,

Giles
Collapse

Maja Źróbecka, MITI
Maja Źróbecka, MITI  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Nov 26, 2006

Dear Giles,

Thanks so much for your suggestion. Not only is the text helpful but also quite funny (at least the introductory note:).

Thanks again.

Maja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New to Trados (Termbase)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »