Cultures Connection
France
Local time: 02:33
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 27, 2006

Hi there,

One quick question. When I try to clean a document I receive the following message ' Folder does not exist. was moved or renames'..I use to be able to clean documents and now..any idea?

Fabrice

Direct link Reply with quote

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:33
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Perhaps you changed the name of a folder Nov 27, 2006

Browse to find the folder you are looking for manually (File, Open, etc)

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Log file settings - use forum search Nov 27, 2006

Hi Fabrice,
This error message is usually caused by an error related to the log file. In fact, this has been discussed a few times already (e.g. here), and there's a related entry in the Trados Knowledge Base.

Best regards,
Ralf

Cultures Connection
France
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Nov 27, 2006

Problem solved. Thank you very much Ralf!

Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 17:33
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It just happened to me Nov 28, 2006

I've been slowly getting ready to migrate to Linux on my main computer, so I had to move things around a little bit and Trados is running on another machine now. Yesterday I did my first project using the new setup to test things out and got that error you're mentioning. First I thought it was the folder itself, where the translated files were stored. But then I noticed it had something to do with the log file. So all I did was erase the path you see right next to the log button and everything went great.

Cultures Connection
France
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did the same.Thanks. Nov 28, 2006

Rafa Lombardino wrote:

I've been slowly getting ready to migrate to Linux on my main computer, so I had to move things around a little bit and Trados is running on another machine now. Yesterday I did my first project using the new setup to test things out and got that error you're mentioning. First I thought it was the folder itself, where the translated files were stored. But then I noticed it had something to do with the log file. So all I did was erase the path you see right next to the log button and everything went great.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cleaning Documents with Trados

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search